1. I had to pay off my Apple MacBook Pro: Right after my trip to Thailand late 2017 my MacBook Pro had an unexpected accident. Lucky for me I was about to recover the media/data from the hard drive. Yep!! A late night beverage and a MacBook do not mix. Not to divulge too much information but I got a new MacBook Pro and I'm still paying for it. That really hurt any possible impromptu vacation anywhere at anytime in 2018.
2. Cigars & Whiskey: My pastime did not have a budget or I did not budget one of my favorite pastimes. This will not happen in 2019.
3. Did not save enough money: That's explanatory if you ask me.
4. Spent next trip money on last trip: I booked a hotel room on Khao San Road when I visited Bangkok,Thailand late 2017 for 10 days. Big mistake!!! Never ever book a hotel/motel on Khao San Road for more than two days. At night Khao San Road turns into one of the world's largest block parties. The hotel rooms are not sound proof and the music is so loud that you would have to book a room two blocks away to get some peace and quiet. I was not able to take a night off and just rest and relax. Day 5, I moved out and got a new hotel room in the Central Embassy area of Bangkok.
5. I did not plan to go anywhere: "If you fail to plan you, you plan to fail", Benjamin Franklin. I felt that the turn around time for another trip would have been too quick. With all the changes going on at home and work a vacation just did not feel right for 2018. You really have to plan and have a purpose on these trips/vacations. Vacations are expensive and extremely dangerous. To be on the safe side of things one should have a general idea of what he would be doing everyday of a trip. I already have a country in mind for 2019 that I want to visit. If planned just right, it will be very rewarding and knockout a few birds with one stone.